Well, haven’t I been busy. I can’t believe I haven’t blogged for over a week.
So, joyful June continues apace, though I am running out of novel ideas. I am, however, getting a clear idea of what makes me happy.
10. Buying second hand books from Amazon and finding they are just as good as new and yet cost things like £1.50.
9. Lying in the bath on a Tuesday night, reading Grazia. Mindless celeb gossip mixed in with some ridiculously expensive clothes. Will Jennifer Aniston ever marry her rakish Ken doll fiance? Who knows, who cares. Look at her hair. (I have major Jen hair envy).
8. Lying in bed, in fresh crisp cotton linen, reading one of my bargain books.
7. Sleeping. Love sleep. Hugely undervalued.
6. Riding my bike. What youthful pleasure. Keys on string round your neck and the bliss of peddling through the fields and river paths stretches out forever. Or until you get hungry, in my case.
5. Having a facial. It’s a girl thing, i suspect. But trotting out of the salon with baby soft, glowing pink skin is very cheering.
4. Dinner with my girl friends. Or lunch. Or just cocktails. Catching up with the ladies and being able to talk openly about all that emotional stuff. Love it.
3. Yoga asana – how fantastic does your body feel when it’s all stretched?
2. Meditation – there is just never enough time.
1. Hanging out with MrM. I know ‘ahhhhh/nauseating’ but no one makes me laugh as much. Or lets me eat the lion’s share of the chocolate.